- June 6, 2023
- Posted by: CCM
- Category: Uncategorized
Independence Day is a great opportunity to foster community spirit in your HOA. By creating the right mix of activities for your community, your residents can meet and mingle the whole day long.
Set the tone for the event by decorating the public and common areas with patriotic banners and flags. You could even plant red, white and blue flowers at select locations on the property. Board members and HOA staff attending events could wear matching HOA-branded and Fourth of July-themed t-shirts and Uncle Sam hats.
Start the day with 5K walk/run around the property and/or a yoga class in the common area for early risers before the day heats up. To make the event even more fun, ask participants to come dressed up as their favorite American history character or in Independence Day-themed clothes.
What’s a celebration without food? Host a picnic or barbeque by the community pool. Make sure to serve traditional favorites like hot dogs and hamburgers, but also include vegetarian, gluten-free, and healthier fare, such as veggie burgers, vegetable salads, grain salads, and fruits. For dessert, you can really delve into the theme, with red, white, and blue popsicles or a cake decorated with a flag. In addition to serving catered food, invite residents to create their specialty chili, ribs, or pie in a cook-off.
You’ll want to run a variety of events to attract the varied interests of your residents. Some popular ideas include:
- Live entertainment. Budget permitting, hire a local band to perform. Or, even better, if you have any residents who are musicians, members of a band, or comedians, invite them. It’s a great opportunity for them to promote themselves while providing entertainment to the other homeowners. Another option is to host a talent show for community members to show off their entertainment skills while audience members vote on their favorite performances.
- Kids Activities. Set up booths for different activities, such as face painting, a magic show, a petting zoo, bounce house, or relay races.
- Brain Teasers. Inside the clubhouse or other cooler area, host a chess or checkers tournament, or trivia contest.
- Pool party. If your community has a pool, this is a great way for members to socialize in a low-key environment. Remember to book lifeguards to keep everyone safe.
- If your community has an area that is safe for launching fireworks, end the evening with a fireworks display, the quintessential Fourth of July activity. While fireworks are fun, they also can be dangerous, so only hire a licensed and experienced fireworks company to run the show – never run it yourself.
Independence Day is an excellent opportunity for HOAs to cultivate community spirit and remind residents of the social benefits of living in your community. The CCM team wishes you a happy and safe Fourth of July holiday!
Consolidated Community Management (CCM) is a full-service property management company specializing in condominium and homeowner association management in Broward and southern Palm Beach Counties. We are committed to working together with community Boards of Directors to develop management plans tailored to the unique requirements of each community and their residents.
CCM provides a quality of service that is unique to our industry and consistently delivers a distinct competitive advantage. Our concentrated, extensive local presence and knowledge of community associations results in lasting partnerships and superior service. We have built our industry reputation on employing the best in the business and assigning only a limited number of properties to each Property Manager Team.
Our team at Consolidated Community Management provides expert property management services at competitive prices. Contact us today by calling (954) 718-9903 or clicking on ccmfla.com.