- March 25, 2016
- Posted by: CCM
- Categories: Communities, News
Since 1907, Be Prepared has been the scout motto for boys and girl scouts around the world. Being prepared means you are always in a state of readiness.
June 1st is the start of the hurricane season. Last week the 2014 hurricane forecast was announced. Based on the forecast, it is (hopefully) going to be a quiet season, with nine named storms predicted; including three hurricanes, with one being an intense storm. But as we learned with Andrew, Katrina and Wilma, we really don’t know where they will go or how much damage they will do until they are here. By then it’s too late to get prepared.
Below are some sites we feel offer helpful tips and suggestions to get us through a storm safe and sound. Take a few minutes to go on line and check them out.
No one likes eating tuna out of a can, but when there are no lights and no electricity, it can become a gourmet meal. Be Prepared!
- Tamarac – http://www.tamarac.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/447
- National Hurricane Center – http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
- Coconut Creek – http://www.coconutcreek.net/community-relations-folder/hurricane-information
- Plantation – http://www.plantation.org/psd/fire/fd_hurricanes.html
- Coral Springs – http://www.coralsprings.org/hurricane/
- Broward County Hurricane Guide – http://www.broward.org/hurricane/Pages/Default.aspx
- Dade County Hurricane Guide – http://www.miamidade.gov/hurricane/
- Ken Kaye –Sun Sentinel – http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane